For Immediate Release March 29, 2016
THE PUBLIC LIBRARIES IN JEFFERSON COUNTY
NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK APRIL 10-16
Birmingham, AL – The Public Libraries in Jefferson County will celebrate National Library Week, April 10 – 16.
The Public Libraries in Jefferson County will celebrate National Library Week, April 10 – 16.
"We hope library cardholders utilize National Library Week to explore
enjoyable ways to use their local library Sunday, April 10 – Saturday,
April 16,” said Pat Ryan, Executive Director of The Public Libraries in
Jefferson County. “We also encourage those from our community that
aren’t yet library cardholders to come get a library card during this
Each of the libraries in Jefferson County will be exchanging library cards for free waiving the usual replacement cost of $3.00. However, all previous library cards are still valid at any of the 40 locations in Jefferson County.
Other ways that Jefferson County residents are encouraged to participate in National Library Week include:
- Borrow or return books, audio books, DVDs and music from 40 library locations.
- Download eBooks and eAudiobooks from our website for free!
Choose from the 34,660 new popular titles or classics in our collection
straight to your eReader or smart device.
- Advance your career! Discover job searching tools, resources and computer classes.
- Ace that test with Learning Express Library test preparation for SAT, GRE, ACT, GED, police and fire exams, plus many more.
- Make the honor roll. Research homework topics in a wide variety of online databases.
- Get free live one-to-one online tutoring help – go to Homework Alabama @ PublicLibrariesInJC.org - available 3:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. for academic subjects and 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. for Job Search Assistance.
- Start a family tradition – Read – Learn – Play at free story time for babies.
- Curious? Join a book club. Adults have loads of fun at library programs too!
- Access free WiFI!
The popular annual $5 Fine Coupon will also be available for printing from the website,
PublicLibrariesInJC.org, or they can be picked up at each of the local libraries. New services include online or telephone library card renewal. Also, expiration dates have been extended from one to two years.
Contact: Pat Ryan
Jefferson County Library Cooperative
Phone: (205) 226-3615 work
The Public Libraries In Jefferson County, d/b/a Jefferson County Library
Cooperative, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c) (3) organization that links the 40
public libraries throughout Jefferson County. These include 20 municipal
libraries, the 19 locations of the Birmingham Public Library System and The
Library at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. The mission of the Public Libraries
In Jefferson County is to connect all citizens countywide by providing resources
and community-building opportunities that inspire life-long learning. Visit our